Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crayon Rolls



Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were more merry than ours, we were all sick with the flu :( BUT, we still had a nice Christmas and I love any excuse to cuddle my kids. I was SOoooo grateful that I had finished gift shopping, grocery shopping and baking when it hit me, so at least we had presents and food covered! We were feeling better by NYE, and had a fun time with friends.
I've been so good this year, organizing and cleaning out our home's inventory, even my craft supplies ( a daunting task at times)! Going through everything made me realize how many supplies I already had that I needed to use, which sent my mind on a thinking-spree of ideas I could do. These crayon rolls have been on my to-do list for sometime, and since they take very limited supplies, I already had everything to make them (LOVE that)! I used the tutorial over at The Pleated Poppy and it was great! I highly recommend it, and the rest of the site is fun too!
I made one for Skylee and one for Parker, they think they're pretty awesome, even though Skylee's is way messed up. lol :) For Parker's I used two leftover receiving blankets from this project. For Skylee's crayon roll I used a pair of pants and a skirt that I picked up at Goodwill, because I liked the material/pattern a while back. I even used one of those little button kits for the first time on Skylee's, sometimes it's seems silly the things I've never tried.
I figured I'd reserve these for when we're on the go, but the kids liked them so much, they spent the evening coloring. If only I could make them something everyday to ensure their happiness ;)

*Brittney*

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I hate crayons in a box/can -- they get so messed up. These crayons are so organized and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! My friend just made my oldest daughter one and I have a blog in the works about how I secretly hate her and all of her free time! ;) I love the idea of using receiving blankets...I can't get myself to throw them away; reusing them would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, one day, when I get my own sewing machine, I have to do this. TFS.

    ReplyDelete